Goals and Core Competencies
- To develop basic language and intercultural communication skills in the language(s) chosen.
- To promote the knowledge of Europe in Taiwan.
- To develop students' basic understanding of the social organization underlying European cultures.
- To strengthen students' abilities to introduce aspects of their own culture to members of foreign cultures.
- To strengthen students' skills in reflective critical thinking.
- To strengthen interaction between students through collaborative learning activities.
- To have the skills needed to understand and use everyday expressions and very basic phrases to express concrete needs.
- To have the skills needed to introduce oneself and others, ask and answer questions about personal details such as place of residence, acquaintances and possessions.
- To have skills needed to interact with others in a simple way, provided the other person talks slowly and clearly and is prepared to help.
- To have skills needed to understand sentences and frequently used expressions related to areas of most immediate relevance (e.g. very basic personal and family information, shopping, local geo5.
- To have skills needed to communicate in simple and routine tasks requiring a simple and direct exchange of information on familiar and routine matters.
- To have skills needed to describe in simple terms aspects of one's own background, immediate environment and matters in areas of immediate need.