東海大學外國語文學系-課程資訊-歐語活動- 2009 法語發音比賽 French Pronunciation Competition
2009 法語發音比賽 French Pronunciation Competition
Competition of French pronunciation
Description of the competition:
French 1, FLLD
Date: November 2, - November 20, 2009
Organizer: Serge Dreyer, Associate Professor
Participants: about 90 students of French 1
Topic: an old French game called "battleship war"
Goals: motivate students to improve the quality of their pronunciation
Organization of the competition: elimination tour organized in class then quarterfinal, semifinal and final organized outside class.
Referees: Naomi Tsai and Serge Dreyer
Rules of the game:
• teams of 5 students
• each team has a checked piece of paper where are written on top letters and syllables and on the right corresponding numbers that students have to pronounce correctly in French
• the combination of letters, syllables and numbers indicate a square
• as a preliminary, each team has drawn a certain number of boats (square or rectangular exclusively) composed of various number of squares
• the goal is to hit the greatest number of squares of the opposite team by just guessing where they have put their boats.
• Penalties are given by the referee in case of incorrect pronunciation